It's so hard to believe that Raegan has already been with us for two whole months! She is truly the light of our lives.
I am loving being a mommy. I never knew how fulfilling it would be to have a someone depend upon you for every little thing.
This past month has been so much fun! We can really see Raegan's little personality coming to life! My friends keep telling me that every month, it will get more and more fun. I definitely believe them. It's already more special than I ever imagined.
Here are some highlights from Month 2:
- Raegan is full of grins. My heart totally melts whenever she decides to give me one of those sweet little smiles. Her daddy can get her to do it quite a bit. He teases her with her "papi". She thinks he's funny. But, then again, don't we all?
- Along with the sweet smiles, come the precious little coos. My favorite part of the day is when I prop her up on my knees and have her facing me. I could sit and listen to her coo for hours. Sometimes...I do.
- This past month, she has also become fascinated with her hands. She can entertain herself for hours...ok, maybe not...more like minutes...when she's concentrating on her hands.
- She's also had an increase in appetite this past month. As some of you may know, during the first month-we had a little bit of a challenge when it came to nursing. Raegan was not at all interested in food. (Um, she must get that from her daddy....definitely doesn't get it from her mommy.) Either way, her appetite has really picked up; Now, nursing is so much easier!
- We've also noticed that she drools non-stop! Everyone, please take note and add "Please don't let Raegan be an early teether" to your prayer lists!
- One of my favorite things that have come to fruition this month are her eye dimples. I was looking at her a few weeks ago and noticed. So, I yell across the room to Chuck: "Babe! Look! Raegan has these cute eye dimples! Have you seen them?" Chuck: "Yes, dear, I've seen them. I have them too!" Of course he has them! Heaven forbid she not have ONE characteristic of his! That is all laced with sarcasm. I'm more than thrilled that she looks JUST like her daddy. :)
- Last, but not least, one trait that has definitely been established during Raegan's 2nd month of life is, as Chuck says, that she is "consistently inconsistent". No definitive patterns in moods, reactions to things, sleep habits, etc. Nope. This little one is all about keeping us on our toes...and that, she does!
Thanks for letting me talk about my girl. Oh! I almost forgot-we are in the habit of calling Raegan "Bitsy". My mom called me "Little Bitsy" when I was growing up. When she was here helping with Raegan, she called her "Bitsy" a few times and it stuck. Like we do for Gabby, I'm sure it's the first of many nicknames!
Happy 2 Months, Bitsy! Looking forward to Month 3!
2 comments:
Love "bitsy". My nephew couldn't pronounce "Jennifer or Jenny" when he was learning to talk. One day we kept hearing him say what we thought was "Denny" but it was actually "nenny". So I have been stuck with that name for 4 years now...needless to say that Kennedy's nickname that my dad uses is "Baby Nenny" for her! Glad to hear everything is going good. Raegan does look like her dad...must be something in the air because Kennedy looks just like Thomas!
Toodles,
Jenn
Happy 2 months, little Raegan! She looks precious - love the little smiles. Sophie used to look just like Brett and now people say she looks a lot more like me so don't worry - you still may be in there somewhere!
Please call if you want to get together. We can come to you!
Post a Comment