Thursday, May 20, 2010

Recent Happenings...

It's been a while since I've done just a random update post.  I'm due. 

For one, I resigned from my job.  Bittersweet.  Most of you know the story.  I blogged about my initial work situation (aka: utopia) HERE.  Well, since then, our company reorged....AGAIN...and as a result-I was assigned to a huge project that would have mandated that I come back full-time.  I just wasn't ready.  So, in an effort to keep an adult/work outlet-I have gone to work for a friend's boutique.  It's stressfree and SO MUCH FUN.  I honestly think that I will eventually enter back into the corporate world...or consult for Chuck's company at one of their client-sites...or, who knows, maybe I'll decide to delve into my entrepreneur self.  Either way, in the meantime, I'm working part-time at MUSE Boutique in Franklin.  It's new.  It's fun.  And, I love it! 

For two, Nan-Nan and B-O-B have moved.  They have been in the 'house-building' process for a while...and now, it's done!  And, it's gorgeous!   We are happy that they are happy and were thrilled to see the final product.

"I really like your new media room, B-O-B"

What else?

Chuck went on one of his annual golf trips last week to Kiawah Island (near Charleston).  So, Rae and I hit the road to Savannah.  We spent some much needed time with De De, Pop Pop, Uncle Ryan, Aunt Andrea, and Raegan's 2 favorite cousins: Maggie and Hannah Ryan. 


"I love the new swingset, Pop Pop!"



"I love my De De's kitchen cabinets!"

Have I mentioned this?  That Raegan currently is on her 7th...or is it her 8th?...ear infection?  ENT Consultation next Monday.  Unless he tells us that her eustachian tubes have magically expanded, I'm confident that tubes are in our near future.  Prayers, please.


The most recent diagnosis was while visiting De De and Pop Pop.  It was a rough few days. 
Pop Pop sure didn't mind holding her while she slept. :)


Coming up...

This weekend was supposed to be filled with friend-time in the world of golf; however, the Golf Club we belong to is officially in a hiatus due to the flood. So, instead, we are taking some time to breathe this weekend.  We will be heading out on Saturday night to celebrate a friend's belated birthday.  (Happy 30th, Mandi!  Can't wait for some chips and cheese dip!)

Then, next weekend, we will be on our way to Memphis to celebrate our friends, Brooke and Josh, getting married.  That same weekend, Maggie will be celebrating her 5th birthday with a luau-themed party.  I hate that we're going to miss out on that fun.  Rest assured, we will be making a pitstop in Savannah on our way.

That about sums it up.  Until next time...

No comments: