We took the plunge. Bits got tubes. Last Thursday. 7am.
If I were one to brag on my child...which, I'm not...clearly...I NEVER talk about her...But if I did, I would share with you that the medical staff bragged and bragged about how she was the perfect, little patient. Me, being such the humble, non-overly proud mother I am, responded with a smile and some sort of comment like,
"oh, that's what you say to all the babies' parents."
"NO! We are serious! We rarely, if ever, have patients (especially babies) that we don't want to 'give back' to the parents right after a procedure."
Aww, shucks
"Really, she didn't make a peep before, during, or after. If we had a camera, we'd take a picture of her to prove that a baby like her DOES exist."
*Sniff*
"oh, that's what you say to all the babies' parents."
"NO! We are serious! We rarely, if ever, have patients (especially babies) that we don't want to 'give back' to the parents right after a procedure."
Aww, shucks
"Really, she didn't make a peep before, during, or after. If we had a camera, we'd take a picture of her to prove that a baby like her DOES exist."
*Sniff*
Ok, so perfect, she is not. However, she IS a precious little pumpkin. And, as minor as the procedure was, it was still hard on mommy and daddy to hand her over.
BUT-5 minutes later, it was over!
Aside from the sickness from the anesthesia, she was back to her old self in no time! It might have helped that we spoiled her like crazy for the rest of the day.
Rotten!
She got to take a rare nap with mommy!
AND have her very first popsicle!
Then, of course, she screamed at the highest pitch ever when we attempted to take the stick away when she was done.
I'm sorry. Did they say, "perfect, little patient"?
Anyway, it's over!
Fingers crossed that the tubes do the trick!


2 comments:
Yay for Raegan! I hope she gets to feeling better, too!
Glad Raegan made it through as the perfect patient. I know exactly what you mean about how hard it is to turn them over. I had nightmares about it for weeks before Clinton's surgery last summer! I had no idea tubes were such a quick procedure...that's awesome.
Soooo.... I'm a bit behind on your blog. So, I've been catching up....and loving it. Rae is so cute. Her and HS would love each other. One day, one day...
I, too, had a Favorite Things Friday series going for a while. I just read through yours. I, too, had a hard time making it every week....I still occasionally throw one out there. If I can get it together, my next one will be the snack trap.
Post a Comment