Last Friday, instead of posting my Favorite, I was a bit preoccupied....
Busy morning, friends coming into town, things to do before they get here.
As I finished up errands, I had a few spare minutes and thought, "What should I do with this extra time? Oh! There's a Sprint store! My phone has really not been working well" as my friends can attest to "I should swing in and get them to fix it."
Brilliant idea.
That is until they started troubleshooting and....
THEY LOST ALL OF MY DATA. My contacts, my calendar info, EVERYTHING!
Do I even need to begin to explain what this does to someone extremely "Type A" who has 10 years of accumulated phone numbers and months full of appointments saved on her phone?
Deep breaths.
Me, calmly: "Is there anywhere the information is backed up?"
Scared Sprint PCS Rep: "No. There's not."
Me, still surprisingly calm: "Are you sure? No, backup recovery database?"
Very sorry and scared PCS Rep: "Yes. I am sure. The data is gone. Forever. I can't imagine how mad you are."
Me, clearly more mature than I ever thought I could be: "You know what? It's ok. Things could be a lot worse, right? What's our next best option? Can you at the very least print off my most recent 3 call logs from my bill and give me some discounts?"
Relieved and proud Sprint PCS Rep: "Absolutely. I'm going to hook you up!! Just wait!"
Me, a little perturbed that he's acting like he's going to save my world and do me a huge favor, "Well, Jeremy, let's not go too far. I've been a loyal Sprint customer for over 10 years. You just lost everything I've ever saved on my phone."
Humble Sprint PCS Rep, "You are so right. Thank you for not screaming and throwing a fit. You have no idea that most customers would be doing that right now."
Me, secretly more shocked by my behavior than anyone else: "It's ok. Everyone makes mistakes. I do need to get out of here, though, so can we expedite this? "
Happy Sprint PCS Rep: "You will be out of here in no time. Give me 10 minutes."
Me, proud of myself for actually acting my age: "Okee dokee"
1 hour later, and still surprisingly calm, I left with a new fancy phone (free), new bluetooth (free), and something from the manager for "my little baby who I needed to get home to"-----a real cell for her to play with.
Whew!
Whew!
So, 3 things:
#1-While I do not want to sound all self -righteous, I am just proud of myself for not losing it...especially in a situation when someone is on her way to my house, I'm running late, and I have no way to reach her or anyone who knows her number to let her know that I will be really late.
#2-A lot of you will soon be receiving an email soon asking for your phone numbers. :)
#3-Consider this a substitute for my Favorite Friday post:
I would be remiss for not acknowledging such a big event as the Oscars last night.
So, here we go!
So, here we go!
FAVORITE OSCAR GOWNS 2010:
Disclaimer: I didn't catch the red carpet or any of the post shows discussing the evening's best or worst dressed, so the below may not be inline with Joan Rivers. Even still, these are my own humble opinions:
Faves:
I can't believe this one topped my list...only because I regret admitting that anything "Miley" is my favorite. However, this dress is uh-mazing. The satin sweetheart neckline & shimmering waist combo is gorgeous. While I usually don't dig chiffon, I love it on this dress. Miley, I honestly wish you would dress more age appropriate...maybe opt for more minis...but, this dress is still awesome. You owe your stylist for this one for sure.
Diane, Diane, Diane....only you could pull off ruffles on your middle. This dress, color scheme, multi-texture, and short train=exquisite.
All a perfect compliment to her body and skin tone. Love it.

Overall look-wise, I think that Sandra Bullock and Charlize Theron rocked it with their old hollywood glam. Their dresses weren't my favorites, but I'm a sucker for their slicked styled hair and red lipstick.
YOUR TURN!

No comments:
Post a Comment