Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy 11 Months, Raegan!

Raegan is 11 months old!


Not the best monthly pic, right?  With a double ear infection, she wasn't too cooperative during the photo shoots (yes, that was plural...I really tried...I really did)  Unless I let her hold onto something she wanted, I couldn't get her to play along with the picture taking. And even then, I couldn't get anything better than this.

Coming back to update this after the second photo shoot...
Here's the best from the batch...still not great, but a vast improvement from above.  New object to let her hold, that was much less invasive in the pic, a white feather. :)  She apparently wanted to give it to me.  

52!



Here we go!  11 months!
No major changes from last month to this one.  
We have just had lots of fun!

My favorite new thing is this little face that she makes. It’s like a rabbit. She scrunches up her nose, purses her lips, and sniffs really fast. She does it all the time! The funniest part is that my parents have tons of pics of me doing the very same thing when I was little.  They say that I also did it all the time. Finally! Proof that she IS my baby! 


Rae's gaining more and more balance. I don't think she'll be walking by the time she is 1. (Which, is totally fine with me!) But, she is definitely on track with her development-She can cruise from one piece of furniture to the next, bend down and pick things up while leaving one hand on whatever she is holding onto, and stand on her own for a few seconds. But, she’d definitely rather hang onto something while walking as opposed to stand up on her own. I think it’s probably b/c she typically “wants” whatever she is holding on and walking around (stuff on a table, etc) 

On the same note, she's not overly interested in holding our hands and walking around. Will do it for a few minutes and then would rather get on those hands and knees to get there faster. Um, and speaking of crawling-the number of face plants when crawling (and pulling up) have substantially decreased.

Eating more and more solids. She has been “over” purees for a few months now. I was totally not prepared for this to happen; I have a month’s supply of frozen purees stored away to prove this. Looks like Chuck and I will be enjoying our own fruit smoothies for some time to come.  Here's some footage of her denying purees but wanting finger foods. 


Has become extremely possessive. In the past, if we were to take something from her, we could easily distract her with something else while taking away what we didn’t want her to have. Suffice it to say, we need a new method. Suggestions welcome.



Still super cuddly. Love it!

Welcoming Daddy home from Mexico
Hugging Elaine

Shows more of her teeth when she smiles. It’s so fun to see the cute little gap between her front, top feet. When she grins at her Uncle Ryan, he says, “TOUCHDOWN!!" Uncle Ryan is so funny!


Is totally testing boundaries. Understands what “no” means but instead of obeying when we say it or doing what a lot of babies probably do (get upset), she stops for a second, looks us straight in the face, does her rabbit face, and then proceeds to do what we have asked her not to. I’m struggling with how to discipline at this point. I guess I was naïve to think that the “terribles” really start at 2.


Loves looking outside!  Will stand for 30 minutes and watch the birds, chipmunks, and even Daddy when he’s working in the yard. We are ready for spring weather!!


Still wants everything she shouldn’t have. Should I just go ahead and assume that this might never subside?



Thank goodness for babyproofing


       

Other highpoints:

• Certain sounds scare her now…sounds that never phased her before-the coffee bean grinder, Gabby barking, etc. She crawls straight to Chuck or me, climbs up our legs and holds on super tight.
• Continues to mimic lots of things we do (yikes!)…it’s funny how babies pick and choose what to mimic…One thing that Rae has caught onto more than others is copying Daddy when he teases her and opens his mouth and says “ahhhhhhhh”. Now, even when eating and mouth full of food, she often opens up and says "ahhhhhhhhhh". Great....
• Has gone from being a wiggle worm during diaper changes to completely rolling over to her belly, reaching for things, to borderline doing a full fledge sit-up to end the process.
• Has had 3 Ear infections. Common for babies but still rough on everyone. This is an entire post within itself. The good news is, pretty quickly after she starts her antibiotics, she slowly begins getting back to her normal self.
• Almost breaks her neck to see her Daddy...She knows where she usually sees him.  So, when the back door opens, when I carry her down the stairs, or when she turns the corner to mine and Chuck's bedroom...a wide smile sweeps over her chubby face.  It's just too cute.
• Points and even holds up 1 finger when you ask her how old she is going to be. Her De De taught her this.
• Weighs a whopping 17.11 pounds.
• Still in Size 2 diapers.
• Wearing 6-12 month clothing. Has just about grown out of “9 mo” outfits.


Broken record time:

I can not believe she is going to be ONE in a month! It makes me a little sad but at the same time, I can honestly say that we heeded the advice of those who constantly told us to enjoy the time with her as a baby, because it flies. They were so right.  We soaked it all in. For that and the inevitable fact that everyone must grow up, I’m happy. At the same time, I will still miss her being a “baby”. I would be lying if I said I wouldn"t. 

In saying all that, expect a weepy post next month.
Happy 11 months BABY girl!
We love you so much!

1 comment:

Rhondi said...

Happy 11 months Raegan! Me & my baby brother Levi need to come visit you soon. We will no doubt get you interested in cars, trains & trucks!
xoxo
Lincoln