Raegan is 10 months old!
I officially want to freeze time.
From this entire past month, the thing that sticks out most in my mind is the cuddle time…lots of it. I’ve become very much in love with the nape of her neck. I find it so sweet. And, with her very thin hair, it’s the softest thing in the world. Chuck says that the smell of her neck makes him want to take a nap. Sounds odd to everyone else but I know exactly what he means. I want to bottle it up and keep it forever.
So much to share so I'll get right to it.
-Raegan is everywhere. I mean, everywhere. Fun, but exhausting. I can't step out of the room for 2 seconds...even to grab something to drink really fast...without her her being on my tail. I know all babies do this. It seemed to have happened overnight. Her reports from school almost always include something like "Raegan is all over this room", "Raegan is crawling everywhere", "Raegan is on the move". Along with the daily reports often come the accident reports. All babies have these too...but it doesn't help that Raegan tucks her head down when she crawls. Instead of looking ahead at her destination, she looks flat down to the ground. Makes for some nasty bumps right in the center of her head. Here is some footage of our little peanut on the move:
-Pulling up non-stop and "cruises" around. This happened completely overnight. Once she started, she hasn't stopped.
Skyping has become quite challenging
Cuddling with Daddy after a race
-So, this is funny. She has started carrying her toys in her mouth when she crawls. Yes, animal-like…and completely endearing, of course. I mean, let’s be honest-she could spit up all over me and I’d still think it was the most precious thing ever. Oh wait, she does…and I do. Our little animal:
-I don’t know how else to say this other than: She’s a stinker. (Am I the only mother who said she’d never say those ridiculous mommy words but overdoses in them every day? My day is full of “stinkers”, “pistols”, and the worst and possibly most overly used “sillys”. ) My overuse of “stinker” is fully warranted. Example: One day during lunch, back when she was at the very beginning of eating finger foods, I was thinking, “Wow. I am so proud of her for eating so many green beans.” She put down 4 hand fulls plus all of her mashed sweet potatoes, and she kept wanting more and more. Being the good mother I am, I encouraged the gluttoness feast and continued to hand her more green beans. I quickly realized that Gabby was planted at the bottom of Raegan’s highchair. While this isn’t abnormal-I mean, how many babies are neat eaters-I could tell that more was falling on the floor than normal. Hmmm. I decide to watch. Really closely. I notice that as I hand her a few green beans, she picks one up, eats it, keeps her eyes on me, picks the other up, puts it in the seat of her chair between her legs, eyes still on me, and takes her first little finger and pushes it off the tray.
What can I say? I’m a sucker.
I pull the 14 syllable “Raaaaaeeeeeggggaaannnn” of which she responds to with what else than.....the head lean………….
That pistol of a stinker sure is silly!
Full plate
Look how much she's eaten!
or...maybe not:
"Raaaeeeeeggannn"
STINKER!
-Is into banging things together, shaking her head "yes", and clapping. Managed to capture all 3 of these things in one take:
-Is loving books. Loves to be read to but also loves playing with them on her own. Often when lots of toys are out for her, she will gravitate to the books. She gets really confused when they aren't "touch and feel". ;)
Can't stand for mommy to be reading a magazine without including her
You can imagine how these reading sessions go...
"So, here's what's going on with Brangelina this week..."
-Laughing tons more. Big laughs. And, lots of giggles. Her daddy can make her belly laugh. Check it out:
-Has funny little nuances. Like how she puts her right leg up when she is sitting in her high chair...always her right leg, never her left. And, almost every time she sits there. And, how when she's in the floor, she sits with one leg bent and the other straight. I love these little things...mostly because they weren't taught. They are just "her".
-Still loves all non-toy items...zippers, snaps, and the least dangerous of all-power cords....Oops!!!!
Still loving paper.
This was her first piece of mail (A Thank you from her friend "Brooklynn").
She played with it for 15 minutes.
-Starting to really like stuffed animals.
-Talks and talks and talks. It’s all of a sudden starting to sound like she is really trying to carry on a conversation. Her newest sound is “buh!” I think it might have several meanings because sometimes, she says it with a smile, and other times, she says it when she’s clearly frustrated. That’s always fun.
-Is able to put things into holes now…likes her toy with the balls that she can put in the top and then spin round and round…also just likes to chase the balls around on the floor too. She and her daddy race. She wins. Fair and Square
-Hands us things when we ask for them.
-Still sleeps 11 hours at night (8pm-7am). Generally takes two 2.5 hour naps (9am and 2:30pm).
-As far as stats, now that her Dr appointments are so spread out, I don’t really have 100% accurate statistics. She’s still little with a belly for days. Somehow, she’s on track with clothes. 9 months still fit somewhat, but she is out of 6 month. 12 is too big. If they made 10 mth clothing, I’m pretty sure that’s what she would wear…which leads me to question the whole sizing mechanism. If she is in the 5th percentile and right on track with sizing, are other babies her age in 2Ts?!?
If you ever need me and can't find me, it's safe to say that I'm at home kissing the nape of this Bitsy's neck.
Happy 10 Months, Bitsy Bits!
I can’t believe we are already planning your First Birthday party!

1 comment:
Good girl Raegan!
GOOD GIRL!
Post a Comment