Saturday, October 24, 2009

Last Taste of Summer

My brother, Ryan, made a good point a few weeks ago when we were on our family's annual trip to Orange Beach - Being on the beach in October is nice. It's not super crowded; It's actually kind of quiet. And, it's a good "last taste of summer".


We always enjoy this trip. This year was especially special (can you say that - "especially special"?) because Bits was there with us for the first time.


It was so much fun to introduce her to the sand, the ocean, and the overall experience.

She wasn't sure what to think about the beach. I think the sun kind of got on her nerves. (She still isn't a huge fan of the bright light.  Hiiiiighhhh Maintenance!) But, she did seem to like the atomosphere as a whole because she slept like a champ while we were there!
The ride there and back? Well, now that's a different story. Bless her sweet, little heart.
And, bless ours...



Here are some fun shots from our trip:



First glimse at the ocean


Checking it all out. 
Mommy is telling me about the sand


Daddy said that I could leave my footprints


He was right!  There they are!  Right by my mommy's


So much fun playing with my cousins, Hannah Ryan and Maggie. 
What are they talking about behind me?



My first high chair experience. 
What better place to try it out than the Crab Trap!
My daddy likes to call me "Crab Trap" sometimes now.  He's funny.


Playing with my De De


Playing with my Pop Pop


Pop Pop is so smart. He is telling me all about his neat thing that he calls his IPhone.  I don't really understand what it is but I listen because it seems really important to him.  He is always holding it up to his ears.  My Uncle Ryan says he's the "Phone King"? 
I don't care what he and my mommy say.  I love my Pop Pop


Headed to The Warf to go shopping


Chilled out in my stroller


Mommy took me for a walk at the marina



Time for dinner again. 
Do I get Royal Reds? 
Nope-pureed pears for me


Playtime


Family pic

Uncle Ryan, Aunt Andrea, Maggie and Hannah Ryan



Fun on the balcony in the mornings


Maggie grabs my feet and I like it!


On our last night there, my Aunt Andrea took some pictures of me:












Saying goodbye to the beach
"Bye Bye beach!  I had so much fun playing in your sand and then putting it in my mouth.  See you next year!"



After we said "goodbye", we were on the road again

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



I don't care for the road.


1 comment:

Courtney and Jason G. said...

such great pictures! I love the beach....