First, I feel like I need to throw out the disclaimer that no, we are not just bathing our newborn. So, to my mom and all of her coworkers at the Department of Children's Services, abort the mission to report me. I am simply behind on my postings. :)
Raegan's umbilical cord fell off relatively early so we were able to give her a bath fairly quickly after birth (April 21st, to be exact). The experience was a success.
When we first lowered her in the water, she got wide-eyed...obviously, unsure of what was going on. Shortly thereafter she was cooing and seemed to really enjoy it. She let us clean her off with no trouble, especially enjoying being rinsed off. Following the bath, she was super relaxed and slept 5 hours straight. 5 consecutive hours of sleep--HALLELUJAH! Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures of her actually IN the bathtub as we were focused mostly on catching it on the video camera. We do, however, have some AFTER shots:
Ready for a nap This may sound ridiculous, but I can already foresee Raegan's "firsts" really tugging at my heart strings. There is something to be said about witnessing this new life experiencing things for the first time.
Based on this particular "first", it looks like Raegan may love the water as much as her mommy and daddy.
Beach trips-here we come!
2 comments:
She is so precious! I know how excited you are! If you still as energetic as you were when Kelly and I live together - you and Reagan are going to have a blast together. BTW - i'm so ready for Kennedy to be out of me!!! i'm offically OVER THIS! :)
hey- the chick towel looks great on her!
Post a Comment