Sunday, November 9, 2008

A trip down Memory Lane

Reuniting with old friends = fun.

Everyone...almost-we couldn't all fit into the photo



This past weekend, we ventured to Knoxville where Phi Mu Kappa Chapter celebrated 100 years at the University of Tennessee. Such a fun night.

 Lots of Phi Mu alumni gathered at Cherokee Country Club and had, more or less, a reunion. It was awesome to see so many people who I haven't seen in years. The local Nashville girls have decided to get together on a regular basis for dinner and catching up. I'm so excited!!! The non-locals to Nashville promised to stay in touch via Facebook. Ahhh...the endless rewards of technology.


I didn't take many pictures. I must have been too busy running around and chatting it up with everyone. I loved seeing a lot of the older girls who I was friends with and who I rarely talk to anymore.

Oddly enough-The only pictures I have are with friends who I actually see all the time here in Nashville. Chuck actually took more pictures than I did--unfortunately, they were during mine and Tara's presentation. Something I'd REALLY rather not remember-my public speaking efforts...nice...



We weren't able to stay all weekend and attend the Phi Mu tailgate-we needed to get home to clean out the room that will eventually be the nursery. Chuck was so excited! :) We have to make room for furniture! We have officially decided on a crib (check), armoire, (check-check), and changing table (check-check-check).



Preggo updates-I've had some minor cramping (which, I plan on bugging my sweet nurse, Beth, about tomorrow). Also, I've not felt the baby move yet...we are waiting with anticipation for this big moment! Beyond that, I'm still reading and continuing to update the "must have items" for the Baby Registry (thanks to the wonderful suggestions from Lindsey, Kelly P, and Kelly T).

We are getting more and more excited about finding out the sex of the baby. Family and friends have shared their respective predictions-overwhelmingly, friends say "girl" and family says "boy". We'll see!!!!


Bye for now. I'm lighting the fire and curling up with a good book. There's nothing like a Sunday afternoon with my hubby after a day of Titans football.


Tara and me-the only thing missing from this pic is her incredible engagement ring-WOW

Me, Ali, Mandy, and Scarlett


Me and Tara


Singing "Linger" :)


Me and Ali

2 comments:

Rhondi said...

Your dress is so pretty! I can't even tell you are preggers.
The one thing I would advise you to definitely buy is a swing that goes both ways (side to side & back to front). Lincoln stayed in that thing until he was 10 months old, & Levi is now at 9 months and goes in it every night before bedtime. It's awesome! We have a Fisher Price Nature's Touch Cradle Swing. I'm so excited for you that you're going to find out the sex of the baby soon! Woopeee!!!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

fun times....we are rose and white, we are dynamite.....hahaha! Those were the days. To answer your quilt question. My mom and I put it together. Super easy. Bev