Happy Day-After-Halloween! I hope everyone had a good one! Why I even went to work yesterday-I don't know. Our entire corporate office dresses up (I mean, seriously dresses up-I included a few pics below) every year for a huge costume parade and contest, trick-or-treating around the office for kids from various schools, and last but not least-a DJ'd Halloween Dance Party in a huge conference room. The winners of the costume and workstation decorating contest won free round trip tickets to anywhere they wanted to go. And, before you ask, the pregnant Butterfly did not win this exclusive gift, thank you very much. :)
Then, last night, we spent the evening at our friends', Ali and Justin's, house. They had several people over (most who have kids) for chili, halloween treats, and a hayride through the neighborhood while the kiddos trick-or treated. So much fun. However, I have one word for those teenagers out there who think think that they can just walk up to every door in the neighborhood on Oct 31st without wearing a costume, but still ask for candy-----------TAAAAAACCCKKY.
Now, moving on...
Family, friends, and even strangers on the street have been so willing to say "If you have any questions about anything during pregnancy, let me know-I'm happy to help!". Well, the time has come-I want to hear your thoughts! So, to all of those gracious experts on motherhood out there, hear my plea!
Although, I have lots of areas where I can use advice, below are some high points that I feel that, at this point in my pregnancy, I could really start putting into practice:
-Must have Registry items? Now, a lot of the basics-I'm aware of. But, if there are there certain items that you think "How could I live without this?"-pls let me know! Also, for the big items (car seat, stroller, etc)-what do you recommend in this area? I'm definitely open to brand suggestions-the options out there are overwhelming!
-Book suggestions? While I realize that no book is going to necessarily "teach" me how to be a mom, if there are ones that you found extremely helpful-I'd love to know. So far, I've been suggested Happiest Baby on the Block, Baby Whisperer, and Baby Wise. And, of course, I'm already elbow deep into the staples of What to Expect When You're Expecting, Your Pregnancy Week by Week, and The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy.
-Music while in the womb? Okay, what is up with all of these "practices" while the baby is in the womb? Did anyone do this? Much to Chuck's dismay, I'm going to share this-we do read to the baby sometimes. But, beyond that-we don't really do anything else. Am I robbing my child of intellectual simulations already? I'm half joking about this b/c while I feel like it may soothe the baby-I really don't "get it" It sounds like another thing to add to the list. However, I would like to know if anyone has had positive experiences with this. Otherwise, we are going to just say no to Mozart for the unborn child. Feel free to post your suggestions on the blog or just email them to me.
And, don't be shy. I'm all ears. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
That's all for now...except, well, I'm officially in maternity clothes.
Thanks to wonderful friends who have lent me items and thanks to Old Navy where you don't have to spend a fortune, it's not so bad. Actually, I may never go back from wearing elastic waist bands again.
I'm off to Starbucks for my weekend treat--Decaf, non-fat, pumpkin spice latte, no whip! Mmmmmmm...

"Little Shop of Horrors"-1st place individual
"American Gothic portrait"-1st place Group
Not a winner but one of my favorites-"Heisman Trophy"
And, last but not least-another fave-"Joe the Plumber"



1 comment:
Kami, in lieu of posting a novel on your blog, I will email you all of my suggestions :) And, YES! I would love to do lunch! Because of Jon's travel schedule, I may have to bring Liam. It just depends on the day. Just let me know when and where and I'll be there!
Post a Comment