Happy Two Months, Ruby!
Clothes: “0-3 mos."
Diapers: Size “1”
Weight at 2 mo appt: 10 lbs 11
ounces
Ruby had her 2 month check up a few
days after officially turning “2 months old”.
We had to cancel her original appointment due to chaos at home with her big sister getting
the stomach bug…(no fun for anyone)
One of the
biggest highlights this month (if you want to call it that) is not what Ruby IS doing, but rather what
she’s NOT doing...and that is: NAPPING. This baby
fights sleep like nothing I’ve ever seen.
It’s the craziest thing…especially since she sleeps well at night. At night, she goes down and wakes only twice
during the night to eat.
Why are
naps so different? We put her down the
same way, in same place for naps – when we KNOW she’s exhausted. And, nothing.
Well, I take that back. She
sometimes will sleep for 10 minutes before she wakes and starts crying. 12 mins, max.
And as much as this is a HORRIBLE habit to get into, I’ve been holding
her during the day while she naps.
Awful! Terrible! Horrible!
But after a few rough nights after days where I tried to fight her on naps, keeping her only sleeping in her little Rock N Play (like she does at night) – I decided that sleep during the night was more important. So, for over a month, I have been zero productive…b/c I’m holding an infant…AND we don’t go anywhere b/c she hates her car seat. So, as much as I’m savoring my time with her, I had to really focus on NOT LOSING MY MIND. As Chuck says – we produce some high maintenance children. They're sweet too. :)
But after a few rough nights after days where I tried to fight her on naps, keeping her only sleeping in her little Rock N Play (like she does at night) – I decided that sleep during the night was more important. So, for over a month, I have been zero productive…b/c I’m holding an infant…AND we don’t go anywhere b/c she hates her car seat. So, as much as I’m savoring my time with her, I had to really focus on NOT LOSING MY MIND. As Chuck says – we produce some high maintenance children. They're sweet too. :)
What
else?
-She's lost a ton of hair. Just on top – not so
much in the back. Cutie!
-Seems to always have her eyes and forehead scrunched up...even when sleeping. I joke that she's going to want botox when she's 9! ha
-Hands still constantly in fists. And her little feet. I’m not sure if she doesn’t want to relax or what the deal is. Are all babies like this?
-Has started
grabbing onto the collar of my tshirt when I’m nursing or rocking her to
sleep. Her grip is sooo tight. It’s like she flails her arms until her arm
lands on my shirt and then grips my collar for stability. I feel a future in swaddling…We’ve been
inconsistent with it this month...swapping it out with a sleep sack
or her bitsy bag. Her night time sleep doesn't seem to falter based on whether or not she's swaddled. But we may have to pick it back up and be consistent...especially to get her to nap. Heaven help us.-Hands still constantly in fists. And her little feet. I’m not sure if she doesn’t want to relax or what the deal is. Are all babies like this?
-Smiles SOME. Not a ton. Hoping this picks up this next month. Is a baby’s smile not the sweetest
thing? So genuine.
-Took her first bottle this past month. Rae even got to give her one. She LOVED this! As in Rae...RAE loved this...and now constantly asks to give her a bottle. :)
-Another
sweet thing – sometimes she giggles in her sleep some. I can’t help but laugh when I hear her do
this. I wonder what in the world babies
can be dreaming about at this age!-Took her first bottle this past month. Rae even got to give her one. She LOVED this! As in Rae...RAE loved this...and now constantly asks to give her a bottle. :)
She LOVES:
-A diaper
change, specifically on the changing table in mine and Chuck’s bedroom. Sometimes, just placing her up there calms
her fussiness. -Outside – A lot of days, at least one of our “activity times” consists of sitting outside on the lanai. She can sit outside for long stretches and just look around and listen. Works out bc mommy can too.
-Her BATH! She
can literally be screaming mad. But once
we put in the bath (and sometimes, once we just start the water), she 100%
calms down. It’s difficult to refrain
from giving her 9 baths a day…
Ahhhh
This past month, we have definitely been in the trenches of the "difficult newborn days", but we have enjoyed it all the same. We feel so blessed to have another precious, HEALTHY, baby girl. I pray that these two grow to love one another so strongly. Rae is already getting there. I'm not going to say this out loud, but a huge part of me is shocked she hasn't wanted to "send Ruby back" yet. She has continued to love on her and be sweet to her. Ruby is the first person Rae wants to see when she gets home from school. It's too sweet to put into words. Blessed.
Ahhhh
This past month, we have definitely been in the trenches of the "difficult newborn days", but we have enjoyed it all the same. We feel so blessed to have another precious, HEALTHY, baby girl. I pray that these two grow to love one another so strongly. Rae is already getting there. I'm not going to say this out loud, but a huge part of me is shocked she hasn't wanted to "send Ruby back" yet. She has continued to love on her and be sweet to her. Ruby is the first person Rae wants to see when she gets home from school. It's too sweet to put into words. Blessed.
Happy Two Months, little Ruby! It's been a month of almost no productivity for mommy, but I have LOVED the countless hours holding and rocking you. I will cherish those moments forever, sweet turtle. Dishes, laundry, cleaning, working out...it can all wait. And has!
Napping on mommy
Mommy can't even be productive enough to pump. "Hold me, mommy"
Sweet, little hair gone
Face Scrunch!
Bottle!
Diaper Change!
Outside
Relaxing in the tub
Big sister shared her monkey (Big deal. HUGE)
Raegan reading to Ruby while I was showering
Sweetest moment..and not just bc I got to take a shower
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment