Friday, June 27, 2014

Happy Three Months, Ruby!


Happy Three Months, Ruby! 
 
Ruby’s Third Month
Clothes: “0-3 mos."
Diapers:  Size “1”
First things first -
Naps are SO much better.  Per the Pediatrician’s instruction, we decided to let her cry a little bit.  I’m not talking a full-on scream for longer than 5-7 minutes…It didn’t take much.  After several days of this, she learned…We aren’t going to come running.  And, she can actually fall back to sleep on her own.   By mid month, Ruby was taking 1-2 hour naps (sneaking in even a few 2 ½ - 3 hour ones) and exclusively napping in her room.  VICTORY!
Still sleeping doing well at night.  Sleeps 4-6 hour stints, getting up to eat a few times. 
A few more victories:
-She is way better in the car.  We can go places and she really rarely cries.  Thank goodness!!!!!!

-She’s also been great on little field trips even out of the car…She was a trooper while tagging along while her big sister got to meet Anna and Elsa.  She literally sat in her car seat and didn’t make peep for 2 hours.  She did the same while at Chuck’s family reunion and then again at her Nan-Nan’s birthday dinner.  At the restaurant, she fought sleep the entire time.  We watched her start to close her eyes and then pop them back open for about an hour of the meal.  Like her sister always has been, she doesn’t want to miss a thing. 

-Speaking of her sister, Raegan is still looooving Ruby and is a great big sister.  She comes in from school and immediately darts to her yelling “Ruby CAAAAUUUBEYYY!!!!!”  (aka: Ruby Cubey)
Some additional changes this month:
- DROOLING LIKE CRAZY.  Knock on wood, but I’m thinking that this will likely mean that Ruby will get her teeth early like Rae did.  

- On the same note, she keeps her hands in her mouth constantly.  
- Has also found her feet…not as fascinated with those as her hands.  But she knows they’re there.

- She’s also smiling a TON!  Of course, this is so fun!  She loves when we talk to her and/or make silly noises.  She also smiles when she first wakes up from her naps.  So sweet.

- Talking all the time.  And of course, it’s adorable. 

-Her eyes are getting more-and-more brown.  Some are convinced that she looks like me…It may just be the eyes…Either way, I’m still undecided on this front.  There are times that I think she looks SO much like Rae.  I guess time will tell. 

-She’s getting stronger and stronger, even grabbing things occasionally.  There have also been a few times that she's been lying under her activity gym and I think she is going to roll over.  Is it already time for that?!?!  Freeze time!

-One of my new favorite things is that when we take her out of her swaddle she streeeeeetches so big.  I guess I would too if I was wrapped up in a straight jacket all night. :/


It’s really starting to get fun…and just in time for me to go back to work. :( This was my last full month home on maternity leave.  While this saddens me on the deepest level, I am BEYOND grateful for the situation I’m in as I will be able to work from home and not entirely be away from her.  Which brings me to a huge update this month – our awesome Nanny started with us!  Her name is "Miss Lexie" and she is UH-mazing.  No, I mean it. 
We know Miss Lexie is going to add so much value to our lives.  She spent several days with us this past month to get to know our family.   She will be watching Ruby here at home when I go back to work full time (July 7), thus allowing me to get to see Ruby during breaks and also to nurse her.  I don't say this lightly: Thank God.  Praise Him through all blessings flow.
Pics from the month:
 
Good girl on "Field Trips":
 
 

 
 
Rae LOVES Ruby:
 


 
 
 
Drool
 
Hands:


 
Smiles:


 
 
 
 
Brown Eyed Girl:
 




 
 
Grabbing:


Streeeeeetch:
 
 
 
"Miss Lexie!" 
 
 

Happy Three Months, Ruby CUUUUUAAABBBBEES.  You are such a joy!

No comments: