Friday, January 22, 2010

Introducing "FAVORITE FRIDAYS"


Since I've been introduced to the world of blogging, I have thoroughly enjoyed hopping around to read about the interests and talents of people. ..and, of course, their lives in general.  I have also benefited from learning tid bits of information that I was totally unaware of and now can't seem to live without.  (i.e. Certain websites that explain the art of couponing, products that have been casually mentioned that constantly make my weekly shopping lists, etc.)

I have always been a big "networker".  Something that I LOVE is to share information as well as, selfishly, capitalizing on others' knowledge and best practices.  (I know.  I'm a nerd.)  I also feel that sharing the love and communicating that a certain "thing" is providing value in my life is a way to say "Thank You". 

Is this totally sounding cheesy? 

I just think that we forget sometimes that people, even those you assume are already overly-aware, truly appreciate some recognition.  Example?  Do you remember my mentioning the Ingrid and Isabel "Bella Band" in previous posts-and how I was sooo appreciative of it during my pregnancy?  What I felt was a simple mentioning of a product that has brought boo koos of money, has been featured on National News Channels, and won various awards-has proven to be more than that.  Ingrid (the founder of the company) read my blog post, commented on it, had a marketing specialist with her company contact me, and then inserted a link on her website to my blog.  (Too bad the general public can't access the blog now since it's private--OOPS!)

My point: My first thought of her reaching out to me was, "Wow!  She has some serious spider software to be able to grab such a subtle mention of her product on the web."  Then, I was like, "What an awesome company owner to be so hands on and humble enough to send a message to a random pregnant girl in Tennessee", and then it was, "As much as we assume that people are aware of how incredible their ideas/products are, they still appreciate hearing about it."

So in the spirit of "paying it forward" by sharing information as well as showing a little appreciation, I have decided to dedicate a weekly post around "favorites"...to share my current favorite "item", "concept", etc on a certain topic and for you to share yours!

There are hundreds of blogs out there that are completely dedicated to this concept.  I'm not trying to emulate or complete.  And, I'm aware that this is not going to be some spellbinding blog that you rush to your computer at week's end to learn what "Favorites" were mentioned; however, there still may be information that we all benefit from and are potentially able to implement into our own lives. 

So, whether it's a favorite Bible passage that "got you through" something or a best practice tip that you can't live without, feel free to post a comment on Fridays to share.  I'll specify a specific topic each week.

So, here it is, my First Friday Favorite 

Topic of Today:
SIMPLE "EVERY DAY" TIP


PS-I learned this from the tips section in "Real Simple" several years ago


TIP:
I fill my coffee mug with HOT water and let it sit for a few minutes...then, I pour it out and pour in my coffee. 


Doing this keeps your coffee's energy from warming the mug itself. As a result, your coffee stays warm for 3-4 times as long.


Save the heat for youself!






Your turn! Share a simple every day tip! Or, just enjoy this one...if you want.




HAPPY FRIDAY!

3 comments:

amiller said...

I have started cutting my dryer sheets in half. Same results and twice as many sheets! I saw this on 18 Kids and Counting(TLC)....one of Maggie's favorite shows.

Jennifer said...

Yes, I will come cook for you. I would love to be at home and cook 24 hours a day! (so addicted to Food Network). Anyhow, Thomas is always looking at the little "Straw" like things in Dr. Brown's bottle. None of the cleaning brushes we have get far down the "straw" part. Even after boiling...soaking...they always still don't look CLEAN! So we purchased the little fuzzy wire craft things. You know, the twisty things you were given in VBS to make crafts with. Fold over one end and it fits perfectly down the narrow part and the fuzzy part cleans it. Plus you get like a 100 in a pack! Bottles are clean and my husband is happy! :)

Reagan and Kennedy must get together. K needs to be around some other babies!

Courtney and Jason G. said...

Love this idea. I dont know why everyone doesnt blog.....

Tip:
clean your lampshades with a lint roller. dust comes right off on the sheets! that way you dont have to wip and wipe with a dusting rag.