Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's Crowded in Here

As a lot of you know, I didn't end up having an exam (check for further dilation and effacement) at my appointment this past Monday. My OB was out of town. So, my nurse saw me instead. She did the standard measuring, check of the heartbeat, and answered all of my questions. Then, we chatted for a while. Long story short-I left extremely happy because she said that I could have another ultrasound!!! We wasted no time. We made an appointment for 3:15 today. Ultrasound Technician Comments:
  • "Everything looks great. All normal."
  • "Wow. You have a lot of amniotic fluid in there. When your water breaks, watch out!"
  • "Her heart is gorgeous." (Even though she was obviously referring to the 4 chambers, I almost started crying.)
  • "Yes, she's definitely still a girl."
  • "Look at those sweet little lips." (I'm sure she says that about all of the babies. But, again, here come the water works!)
  • "To answer your question, no, that is not hair-she is waaayyy down in your pelvis and lying on her side. It's a shadow."
  • "Looks like her weight is around 7 lbs and 1 oz. But, I could be off a pound or so."

Can't wait to meet you Baby Raegan!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Very cool. I wish they did the 3D U/S when I was having mine!!

Courtney and Jason G. said...

How sweet is that little face!? And I knew we cant tell much... but I blew up the pic- and I think i already see a little KAMI...

Jennifer said...

Tell me how you got another ultra sound??? I want another one sooo bad! I keep having "it's a boy" dream!!! She is precious!!!

Kelly Paulus said...

OK- She is beautiful! Really! I have always thought it is hard to tell on an ultrasound but I really can tell by Raegan's picture that she is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!