Raegan is officially full-term. I think back to that Friday in July when I read, re-read, and re-read again the pregnancy test result-and, I just can't believe that all of this is real. As much as I'll miss being pregnant, I can't wait to meet her. At my appointment today, I found out that things are "status quo".
I'm still dilated 1 centimeter and 60% effaced. Same as last time.
The one thing that threw me a bit for a loop is that, at one point, my OB began a new conversation:
"So, are you tired of being pregnant?"
"Huh? What? No."
"Ok. Well, let me know. We can induce you at any time."
"Oh...ok...yeah...no, I'm not tired of being pregnant."
My philosophy is: let's let her stay in there as long as it's not harmful. It can only help. I continued the conversation:
"So, at what point will you make the decision to induce me if she hasn't come on her own?"
"At 1 week past your due date, we'll go ahead and take her if she's not here yet. At that point, she is no longer benefiting from being in the womb. In fact, it could actually be harmful."
End of conversation.
For some reason, that really hit home. No matter what-she's going to be here by April 12th. (My OB has my due date down as April 5th...although we know it's April 10th. Since it was within 5 days, he didn't change the paperwork.) Wow. How exciting!!!!!!!!!! This is my last week at work. I'm having mixed feelings about that. More on that subject later.
Let's just say-I don't think it's going to be easy for me to not work for a while.... Meanwhile, just to serve as some entertainment, I've posted the latest updates to the Belly Diaries.
Before you enjoy how massive I've gotten, please note that once Raegan is here and we begin to post pictures, etc-I will be making this blog private. If you're interested in being able to view it, please send me an email (kamberann26@yahoo.com) so I can make sure that you continue to have access. The only thing that will change is that you will have to put in a username and password in order to access the site.
End of conversation.
For some reason, that really hit home. No matter what-she's going to be here by April 12th. (My OB has my due date down as April 5th...although we know it's April 10th. Since it was within 5 days, he didn't change the paperwork.) Wow. How exciting!!!!!!!!!! This is my last week at work. I'm having mixed feelings about that. More on that subject later.
Let's just say-I don't think it's going to be easy for me to not work for a while.... Meanwhile, just to serve as some entertainment, I've posted the latest updates to the Belly Diaries.
Before you enjoy how massive I've gotten, please note that once Raegan is here and we begin to post pictures, etc-I will be making this blog private. If you're interested in being able to view it, please send me an email (kamberann26@yahoo.com) so I can make sure that you continue to have access. The only thing that will change is that you will have to put in a username and password in order to access the site.
1 comment:
Yea!!!!
Oh my gosh- I cant believe its here! that is so wild!
Post a Comment