First piece of news: We had our 36 wk appointment today. It was the first of our weekly-these are the appointments where an examination takes place to see how things are progressing.
So, the word is-I'm dilated 1 centimeter and 60% effaced. More importantly, Raegan has officially "dropped" and is head down. (What I thought was her little head in my belly turns out to be the heels of her little feet.) While we realize that these stats don't necessarily imply that I'll be going into labor any sooner than expected, it's still pretty unreal for my OB to be using terms like "effaced", "dilated", etc. Wow. Stay tuned for a status update from our Monday, March 16th appointment.
As you have already seen in previous posts, Chuck and I have been so blessed to have SEVERAL showers hosted by family and friends. The last 2 weekends were no exception. Sunday, March 1st, several ladies from the church I grew up in in Savannah hosted a gorgeous Baby Tea. It was so so nice. The tradition at our church is to have Teas rather than showers. (Some people call them "See and Tea"s) Basically, it's a "come and go" event held at the church. Gifts are unwrapped and displayed on tables so guests can come in, enjoy seeing what gifts were given, speak to everyone, have a bite to eat, and then go on their merry way.
I have to say, I was a bit surprised by the number of ladies who hosted, sent gifts, and even attended...especially with my being gone from Savannah for so long....not to mention the 2 inches of snow! Ahhhhh....there's no place like home...
One of the Gift Tables-gorgeous
Can you guess which table I frequented the most?
Mom and I with the sweet ladies who hosted
Long time family friend as well as my baby-sitter for years! Ramona (Moner) Wilkerson
One of my very best friends from home-Stephany Jones
Even Maggie came (although she didn't feel well at all)
Andrea, Maggie, me, and Mom (DeDe)
Where to start with this one? Dance Team sponsor, Chorus teacher, Show Choir instructor, Life Coach...Mrs. Hamilton :)
Up next: This past Saturday night, several of Chuck and Colman's (Chuck's good friend) friends hosted a Joint Baby Shower for Chuck & myself and Cali & Colman. (Cali and Colman live in Birmingham and are due in June!) John and Silvia were sweet enough to have the shower at their gorgeous home. It was such a fun night...and, a long one, too. I believe that we were there for over 6 hours. That crew is so much fun.
Everyone hanging out
The Carricos and Ransoms :)
Cali and Kami-preggo!
Jimmy Mac and Chuck
Me with Hannah, Cali, and Laurissa
Chuck getting into gift mode (and, yes, if you're wondering...HE is in the chair and I'm in the floor. How exactly does that work out?)
Colman and Cali-gifts!
Chuck describing the gifts. Too funny
Chuck, me, Cali, and Colman---PARENTS TO BE
Beyond all of the excitement above, the past few weeks have been filled with getting everything ready. Chuck has the car seat installed and the stroller put together. We still have a few last minute To Dos; however, the vast majority of the MUST Dos are out of the way.
This week, our plan includes putting together the swing and a few other items, installing the monitor, writing Thank You notes, purchasing any Must Have items that we haven't already gotten, finishing packing the hospital bag-can you believe I still haven't done this yet? I'm becoming so laid back ;)-and putting the final touches on the nursery.
Before I close, a note of Thanks to all of our family and friends for helping to make this such a special time in our lives. We can not thank you enough for the thoughts, prayers, well wishes, showers, generous gifts, etc. It has all been so wonderful. Thank you so much.
I'm off to look up the definition of "efface".
1 comment:
Yipee! Raegan come on down...
Post a Comment