So, I'm sure you have either experienced or heard of "pregnancy brain". If you haven't experienced it, but you HAVE heard of it, however are a skeptic-let me be the first to assure you: It is real. Very real.
My mind is all over the place lately. At work, at home, in general-I feel like I'm losing my mind. I say the most off-the-wall things.
You moms and/or fellow Preggos out there know exactly what I'm talking about. I refuse to even provide examples. It's all too embarrassing. Just trust me. I'm losing it.
I've decided to write this post in random fragments...which, is convenient for me as it's how my brain is functioning these days. I promise to proof-read in order to ensure that nothing is too 'out there'. So, consider this non-fiction:
We only have one more class to go-CPR. I know what you're thinking, "Kami, these classes will NOT prepare you for a baby." Point taken. However, it eases my mind to fool myself into the possibility that we are somewhat ready. The nesting continues...washing clothes, cleaning toys, organizing closets, cleaning out cabinets-Again, I realize that "things won't stay this way". But, humor me and let me feel like I have things in order just one last time.
The nursery is extremely close to being done. I just have some final touches to make. Stay tuned for more details. I will say this-I am obsessed with it. Thanks to my friend, Stephanie, with helping me with the accessorizing and details. I go in there and just stand and smile. I can't believe that it will be Raegan's room one day very soon.
My back hurts...really hurts...I'm getting a maximum of about 4 hours of sleep a night...Oh how I miss sleeping on my back! In my nightly state of incoherence, I inevitably roll over onto my back only to wake to Chuck shaking me..."Kami, you're on your back. Roll over". ugh....I hate complaining but I feel compelled to document this so I can look back and know that it was all worth it. Which, I already know, but who doesn't need reminders? Up until this point, pregnancy has been 100% fantastic...even through the sickness and pain. It's still amazing and has changed my life immensely. It's just a little less comfortable right now. :)
Raegan continues to be extremely active. I don't think I'll ever become immune to her moving around inside of me. It's, by far, the most incredible thing I've ever experienced. Chuck and I can hardly wait to meet her. We lie in bed at night talking about what her personality will be like, what we'll be like as parents, what she'll grow up and be, etc.
We are so looking forward to meeting and raising sweet Raegan. It's amazing to think that we love her already....so much.
6 weeks to go. Our weekly OB appointments begin after March 9th.
3 comments:
Feeling my kids move was my most favorite thing in the world. And the thing I missed most after they arrived, even though they were "here" and with me, I still missed it. And still miss it even now.
Since being pregnant I have:
- gone to the post office without my package
- put the phone in the fridge (more than once)
- left the eye on the stove on for like hours.
let us not forget shadrach, meshach and abednego
Hey! I have a blog now!! Or rather another blog besides the painting! This is so funny, I feel like I am losing my mind too, so now I have this to look forward to. :)
Post a Comment