I apologize for the late update-it's been BABY MANIA in the Ransom world.
I do want to share Baby Shower stories. A few weekends ago, my office and some of my closest friends threw two showers for me.
Work Shower was incredible. The thing is, we always throw showers for each other-whether wedding or baby-our work crew is good like that. But, these girls went all out. And, they had tons of help from lots of our other co-workers, too.
They had the shower in a conference room at work (aka: The Embrace 3 Design Room...My Second Home). Now, before I start spouting off details, let me share this one small nugget of information: My job is very much involved in the software development lifecycle. Nothing fancy-but, I work with some really intelligent people. And, I love it. But, let's be honest, my former Recruiting/Extroverted attire does not necessarily "fit in" with the environment I'm in now. So, all my colleagues like to say that I'm a fashionista...yeah yeah yeah...:) They think that I am an expert with shoes and purses...which, is so funny.
ALL OF THAT SAID, here are the details of the shower:
I walk into the conference room...Silver platters with pinky/peach punch, cupcakes with "R"s on them (compliments of Gerrye, my Clinical Design partner), peach and white confetti-everywhere! Peach streamers from the ceiling. And, let's not forget-the m&ms with "Raegan Claire" and "Ransom 2009" on them. Here's the best part:
Above all of that, there are peach and white boxes with BABY SHOES sitting on them-everywhere! Tons of baby shoes, everywhere I look. Dress shoes, boots (think "ugg", not "cowboy"), converse, etc. Then, I look more closely, and there are BABY PURSES lying on the tables everywhere too! Purses! Tons of them! Pink, blue, fur, etc. They are all over the place. I was completely overwhelmed....in a GOOD way.
ALL OF THAT SAID, here are the details of the shower:
I walk into the conference room...Silver platters with pinky/peach punch, cupcakes with "R"s on them (compliments of Gerrye, my Clinical Design partner), peach and white confetti-everywhere! Peach streamers from the ceiling. And, let's not forget-the m&ms with "Raegan Claire" and "Ransom 2009" on them. Here's the best part:
Above all of that, there are peach and white boxes with BABY SHOES sitting on them-everywhere! Tons of baby shoes, everywhere I look. Dress shoes, boots (think "ugg", not "cowboy"), converse, etc. Then, I look more closely, and there are BABY PURSES lying on the tables everywhere too! Purses! Tons of them! Pink, blue, fur, etc. They are all over the place. I was completely overwhelmed....in a GOOD way.
Now, while I'm not as "girly" as they all would like to think-I still LOVED every bit of it and thoroughly appreciated all of the little details. It was so much fun! People I used to work with in other departments at the company came; people I recruited and hired a long time ago came; people I basically "live with" in my current role came. It was so exciting. Here are a few shots of the fun! Not a whole lot of "designing" in the Embrace 3 Room between 2-3pm on that day!
Thanks to Andrea, Julie, and Kim for such a wonderful shower; I am so blessed to have you as co-workers AND, more importantly, as friends.
Thanks to Andrea, Julie, and Kim for such a wonderful shower; I am so blessed to have you as co-workers AND, more importantly, as friends.
Food table :)
Snap shot of some of the decor--cute!
More decor!
Nicole and me admiring one of the little purses
Look at the shoes!
We made him pose...Don was still in the room working during the shower---of course!
"R" cupcakes, compliments of Gerrye Stegall-my clinical partner on our project
M & Ms with Raegan's name on them-PRECIOUS! Thanks, Andrea!
Me with the awesome hostesses-Andrea, Julie, and Kim
Taking a break out of their super busy day to stop by the shower-I work with the best people
Kathy, Terri, and Marsha-always smiling :)
Clinical brains and me
(It was "Go Red" day for American Heart Association-hence, our matching attire)
Aruna and me :)
Time to open gifts
Debbie Sanford MADE this for Raegan-what a special gift!
Kim's son, Wyatt, even sent a gift. Cole Haan loafers! Are you kidding me?!?!
Caroline and me-due 3 days apart. And, yes, I know-I'm much, much larger
And.....back to work
The following day, some of my best friends threw a Baby Shower for me at my friend, Ali's, house. There is no way I can really articulate the details that made it all so perfect. I'll try...
First of all, I have the best friends in the world; I'm fully convinced. They went above and beyond, as usual, in throwing my shower. Some of the details: Decorations---peach and gray painted canvases with Raegan's monogram over the fireplace; pearls and tulling everywhere; a basket at the door where everyone dropped in an item that they were secretly asked to bring that she felt was a "must have" or a "life saver" for a new mom; scrapbook pages decorated and ready to slip right into Raegan's scrapbook where all the guests signed a note to Raegan (it's a good thing I waited to get home before I read these notes. Two words: Boo Hoo.)
What else? Oh! Peach punch, great food, and let's not forget---cupcakes with peach decorations. The shower was, honestly, perfect.
So many of my closest friends along with my mom, mother-in-law, and Aunt Jill all in the same place at the same time. I have to be honest and say that, typically, I'm really self-conscious at this type of event when it's for "me". However, I have to say-I wasn't nervous at all. Yes, I was overwhelmed with how much time, effort, etc that everyone put into the shower, the gifts, etc-But, the fact that they party was really for Raegan made me so much less self conscious. I focused on soaking it all in and enjoying every minute.
Thanks to Ali, Jen, Elaine, Stephanie H, Casey, Mandy, and Stephanie E for hosting! Everything was perfect. I can't wait for Raegan to meet all of her adopted "Aunts". :)
First of all, I have the best friends in the world; I'm fully convinced. They went above and beyond, as usual, in throwing my shower. Some of the details: Decorations---peach and gray painted canvases with Raegan's monogram over the fireplace; pearls and tulling everywhere; a basket at the door where everyone dropped in an item that they were secretly asked to bring that she felt was a "must have" or a "life saver" for a new mom; scrapbook pages decorated and ready to slip right into Raegan's scrapbook where all the guests signed a note to Raegan (it's a good thing I waited to get home before I read these notes. Two words: Boo Hoo.)
What else? Oh! Peach punch, great food, and let's not forget---cupcakes with peach decorations. The shower was, honestly, perfect.
So many of my closest friends along with my mom, mother-in-law, and Aunt Jill all in the same place at the same time. I have to be honest and say that, typically, I'm really self-conscious at this type of event when it's for "me". However, I have to say-I wasn't nervous at all. Yes, I was overwhelmed with how much time, effort, etc that everyone put into the shower, the gifts, etc-But, the fact that they party was really for Raegan made me so much less self conscious. I focused on soaking it all in and enjoying every minute.
Thanks to Ali, Jen, Elaine, Stephanie H, Casey, Mandy, and Stephanie E for hosting! Everything was perfect. I can't wait for Raegan to meet all of her adopted "Aunts". :)
Gorgeous food table-my friends definitely know decor, and especially FOOD! :)
How creative is this? Ragean's initials on the mantel. Ali is way too creative
Entry way-the Basket of Wisdom from Hostesses and Guests-one of my FAVORITE things
Everyone :)
A special flower delivery from Chuck-too sweet
Me with the sweet hostesses (note to self-get back in heels immediately following delivery-wow! I'm short!)Case, Stephanie H, Mandy, Stephanie E, Jen, Elaine, and Ali
The fun didn't end there--my mom joined in the "nesting activities" for the weekend. She was a major help; I don't think I've ever done so much laundry in my life.
More updates later....







2 comments:
I meant to tell you the other day when I was looking at your blog that I could tell that you still worked for American Healthways. A signage vendor came in to show us some products and he had that glass with the words one it. The space looks cool. Tell Jay Canela (sp) hi if he still works there. You are the cutest little pregnant lady!
Kami, you look so beautiful in these pictures! That long dress in the last few pics is uh-mazing. Where did you get it? You're precious, no doubt about it. I'm so sorry that your back is giving you problems. But hey-it will all be so worth it once Raegan makes her arrival!
xoxo
Post a Comment