Sunday, January 11, 2009

Holiday Wrap Up....BELATED

So, I know, it's been forever since I posted something. I wanted to give a Holiday Update, but...um...I honestly couldn't figure out where to start.
December and the beginning of January, like they are for most, have been BANANAS for the Ransom household! Here are some brief highlights of our past few months:
Highschool friends celebrating the Holidays at my house.
We had so much fun putting together gift bags for a local half-way house:

 
Holly, Dana, Mandi, Anne, myself, Abby, & Courtney

Chuck and I with his two of his closest friends and their spouses for our 2nd annual Christmas Dinner and Ornament Exchange:

 
Walt minus Laurissa, who had to take a last minute work trip to NYC. We missed you, Lou!
Chuck making fun of the ornament from the Phillips'. Thanks, Walt!
John unwrapping his gift from Walt and Laurissa
Silvia checking out the ornament from Chuck and me
Chuck's work Christmas party (no pics-I'm a slacker)
My work Christmas party (again, no pics)
Our venture to the windy city of Chicago for a festive "get-a-way".
Just a few shots:
15 degrees...Burrrrrr
Us with Joey and Lyndy (friends of ours who live in Chicago)
Headed out
 
Nick, Kelly, myself, and Chuck-breakfast. We just happened to be in Chicago the same weekend
My college friends' annual Christmas party
(with a huge void of our dear friend, Stephanie...who lives in Wilmington and JUST GOT ENGAGED. Congratulations, Steph! We missed you!) No pics from this one either-too busy chatting. :)
Trip to Missouri for our annual Christmas visit with extended family:
7am came early after a 7 hour drive. Chuck and Ryan feeding Hannah Ryan breakfast
Aunt Jill and Uncle John helping Mags open her gifts
As far as I'm concerned-Hannah Ryan is allowed to pull whatever she wants out of Aunt Kami's purse. These are a perfect fit!
Chuck, Trey and I in Cleveland, TN visiting their Grandmother:

 
Chuck helping Grandmother open her gifts
 
Trey, Grandmother, and Chuck
Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with Chuck's family:
Sweet Trey

 
Nan-Nan's gift from Raegan
Santa (AKA B-O-B) taking a break and opening a gift

Bellea proving to us all once again, that she wants to open her own gifts
Gabby needing some help from B-O-B
Nan and Chuck-can you tell they're related? :)
And Christmas afternoon and evening with my family
(no clue why I have no pictures of Ryan or me. We must have been all of the photos.):

 
Maggie, excited that Santa came!
Chuck showing off one of his gifts
 
Hannah Ryan teaching De De how to open her gifts
 
Andrea and her girls
New Years Eve was a lot of fun too.
4 of our dearest friends spent the night night with us. We had a big dinner at the Carrico's (Thanks John, Silvia, and Silvia's gracious family who was in from Brazil!) No pics from the Carrico's, but some impressive shots of the 6 of us fitting into 1 car.
After the Carrico's, we all came back to our house where we played games, and yes, brace yourself-watched Dick Clark. Now, that's some serious partying:
Excited to ring in the New Year!
Where to, everyone?
I have to mention that NYE was also 2 of our close friends' 1 year anniversary!!! Sweet Cali and Colman! We had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne waiting on them.
Happy Anniversary Cali and Colman!
May our expectant babies be forever friends!
NYE '07
NYE '08
What an awesome couple!
On the pregnancy front, things are going so great! I have loved every minute of my second trimester! I've almost forgotten how miserable I was the first trimester...............I said, "ALMOST". :) Really, though, things have been fabulous. Raegan is shaking and moving like crazy! I finally SAW her moving in my tummy this month for the first time!

We have been working on the nursery and getting the registries finalized. It just all seems so surreal. We can not wait for her to get here! And, I can not quit smiling. Not to get too deep, but I honestly have never felt so content in and with my life. I feel extremely blessed. That said, I know that it's going to get so much better once our little bundle of joy arrives.

In the meantime, Chuck and I are just enjoying being with one another (and with Gabby, of course-who by the way, should probably have a New Years Resolution to not be too jealous once Raegan arrives...Please wish her luck with that....):

Here's to a fabulous '09!

2 comments:

Courtney and Jason G. said...

LOVE all the pictures and holiday wrap up! This post must have taken you an hour at least.


You may be the cutest baby carrier I have ever seen. Rock Star Momma was written for you.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

such a cute little preganant lady!