Saturday, January 17, 2009

1st Baby Shower

Mine and Chuck's friends are so great! They've all essentially divided and conquered with this baby shower stuff. I think every different "group" of friends we have are doing separate showers. Which, likely means that most will be very small and quaint (just how I like it!).

This past Saturday, some of my closest friends from home hosted a Baby Shower Brunch for me; It was so much fun! I couldn't have asked for a better way to start off Shower Season!

We went to one of my favorite brunch places in Nashville, Le Peep. Unfortunately, two of the hostesses were unable to attend the shower for personal reasons. We missed you, Courtney and Beth!
There was a lot of laughing, baby discussions, good food, sharing of stories, and last but not least-- YUMMY cupcakes! I had such a great time! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. I can't wait for Raegan to meet each one of them.

After the shower, Chuck and I spent the afternoon picking up our glider and mattress for the nursery. We still have a long way to go to be "ready"; however, I feel like we're slowly but surely getting there. So exciting!

Speaking of "getting closer"-from here, our bi-weekly appointments officially start; We are no longer on the 1 appointment per month schedule. It's hard to believe.
Tune in next week as I discuss a debrief on our "Baby Birthing/Care Boot Camp". That's right, this is what Chuck and I will be spending our entire Saturday and Sunday partaking in. Mr. Ransom will get his fair share of never-before-heard baby information, I'm sure. Cross your fingers that he's still as excited about the arrival of Raegan afterwards. :)
28 weeks and counting!

Mmmmm....brunch!
The way to a pregnant woman's heart-sugar. (Note the peach icing-love it)
It's time for gift opening...
Am I a little too excited about warming bottles?
Precious!
Receiving education on Melaleuca baby products. Thanks, Holly!
Cute little joke, compliments of Mandi and Dana
The sweet hostesses (minus Courtney and Beth-we missed you!)
The whole hometown crew, including Rhondi (our adopted Savannah friend---she should have definitely been born in Hardin County. One of the sweetest people ever. I'm so glad you came, Rhondi!)

2 comments:

Rhondi said...

Oh, I just love that group picture! Kami, I have to tell you, I feel so honored to have been a part of that shower. I felt like I was part of the SGC (that's the term I've coined for you girls: Savannah Girls Club--hehe!) I just loved hearing stories about y'all in high school, they were so funny. I always tell Courtney & Dana that I was born in the wrong place...I should have come from Savannah! Y'all have such a rich history that is so special & evident in all of your lives. It's a really cool thing. It was such an honor for me to be a part of it, so thank you. And most importantly, I loved celebrating you & sweet baby Raegan!

Courtney and Jason G. said...

Ugh, I am so sorry I couldnt be there! The pics are all so cute and I know you had a great time.
love.
cg