Sunday, October 5, 2008

Road Trip

This past weekend was our first road trip since I've been pregnant. And, yes, I'm definitely keeping up with pregnancy "firsts". Completely ridiculous, I know. Friday, Chuck and I headed to the mountains in North Carolina to see our dear friend, Emory, get married. Emory is one of Chuck's very best friends. They worked together for several years at Aegis and Aerotek. I met Emory when I moved to Nashville and started working for Aerotek's sister company. Soon after, Emory moved to Manhattan...where she continued working in the recruiting field at none other than uh-um: Giorgio Armani. Nice... Emory is the best. She's one of those friends of your husband's who is so considerate and so willing to get to know you. Each time we've ventured up to NYC, we've spent time with Emory. The last few times we've been there, we spent time with Emory AND Jay (her new husband). They are such a great couple and we are so happy to have been there to celebrate their wedding with them. Besides, who could blame us? They traveled all the way to West, TN from the Upper West Side of NYC to our wedding. Let's face it-we owed them, BIG TIME. Either way, we wouldn't have missed it for the world. It was probably the most gorgeous wedding I've ever been to, the weather was awesome, the bride was beautiful, and the celebration was so much fun. Definitely worth it. That's all for now... Another road trip next weekend! Here's to pulling over every 2 hours so "fatty" can stretch.

The view from our Bed and Breakfast

Chuck with the "Blowing Rock" in the background in Blowing Rock, NC

Site Seeing...

We are soooo outdorsy :)
Location of the wedding

Chuck with the Blushing Bride
After the wedding

4 comments:

Lindsay Schneck said...

Kami - welcome to the blogging world! I have 2 blogs (I'm a dork!) One is public www.thoroughlymodernmomma.blogspot.com and one is private because I put pictures and videos of Liam up there. I think I have your email, so I'll send you an invite to the private one too. I'm so excited you are pregnant! We'll have to hang out soon and talk baby :)

Rhondi said...

Oh Kami,
You are so beautiful pregnant! What a great black dress that is! You're darling.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Kami- was so glad to see that you are blogging. Welcome! AND many CONGRATULATIONS to you and your new family!!!!!!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

Hey Kami! Found your blog on Kelly's page. Congrats on the baby!