Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy 15 Months, Raegan!

Raegan is 15 Months Old!


It keeps getting better and better! 

Recap of the month!

  • Is not just walking, but RUNNING.  Everywhere!  All the time!  Wow.
  • Answers to “what do dogs, sheep, cows, and monkeys say?” “wooooo”, “baaa baaaa”, “ooooooo”; “oooh oooh ayyee ayyee".  She laughs hysterically and imitates me when I trumpet like an elephant.  It's her favorite now.
  • Points and names eyes and nose.  Points at mouth, ear, hair when you ask where they are.
  • Has conversations with herself. Laughs at herself. Changes her voice inflection. So funny.
  • Waves to Gabby when we leave the house.
  • Loves hanging out with daddy in our closet while he changes out of his work clothes. Follows him in there immediately when he gets home.
  • Hair is growing. JUST a little.
  • Talking, talking, and more talking: New words: peeez (please), “biii” (bite), “haaaa” (hot), “wa wa” (water), "baww" (ball), "go" (goat), "abbee" (gabby), "no no no no" (no no), “ey bo” (hairbow), "hiiiii" (hat), "ry ry" (Uncle Ryan), also says this all the time and we can not figure out what it means:“ap hise”. Has named her lovey that she sleeps with “nigh nigh”. Tries to say “calculator” (one of her favorite toys) and begs for a “naaana” in the mornings….even when it’s not on the menu. (Did I tell you about Chuck making an impromptu to the grocery store one morning before work because she REALLY wanted a “naaana”?)  And he says that she isn't getting a car when she turns 16...
  • Only wants our help when she asks for it.  Literally pushes our hands away and grunts.

    You can't see it, but my arm is almost touching the arm of the chair.  ALMOST because Bits wanted NO assistance rocking.
  • Is putting concepts together. Understands that the stove is hot, the sun is hot, and the grill is too. Pointed to the bed in the guest bedroom and said “pop pop” (he’s the only one she’s seen in that bed since she typically doesn’t go in and wake up any other guests we might have except for Pop Pop)
  • Has gotten much better about having her teeth brushed.  (Thanks, De De!)
  • Loves playing with other little ones...
...until she thinks they might want to hurt her. Kidding! Mabry and Raegan have so much fun together! Mabry gets SO excited that she just doesn't know what to do! She is too cute!





  • Olz obsession continues. She wakes up most mornings and promptly demands “OLZ!” 


  • Climbs like a monkey. I need to get her a climbing toy of some sort. Suggestions?
  • Loves the water!






  • Backs into us to sit in lap. Does this all the time, especially after she brings us a book.  This could be my favorite new thing from this month.
  • Loves cantaloupe.  Loves.  Laughs while she's eating it.
  • Still loves for daddy to chase her.
  • Likes to pretend she’s reading books. I find her like this talking to herself a lot: 

  • Is touch and go when I drop her off at school. Sometimes, clings to me. Other times, goes straight to her teacher, waves at me, and blows me a kiss. Both cause me to tear up...immediately.
  • Still picks things up off the floor that don’t belong and hands them to me. Sweet, little helper
  • Loves playing with her ball.  Throws it and wants to dribble so badly.  Here we are trying to teach her:
  • Sleeps 12+ hours a night. Takes one 1.5 hour nap a day.
  • Weighs somewhere between 22-23 pounds. 
  • Is in 12-18 mo clothes...some 18-24 months.  
  • Has 12 teeth...and likes to show them off!
















  • One of the most substantial changes this month - She and I can literally have a conversation. A simple one, but it still seems crazy to me.  Pre-baby, I remember sitting back in admiration as moms would translate their childrens’ grunts, points, and unclear verbiage. I am now that mom. Hard to believe.  Better yet, the more impressive aspect of our conversations is that Raegan understands so much of what I’M saying.  Amazing.
  • Mornings are still the best.  I know it's not just my little one that makes mornings great for her mommy and daddy.  All babies are the sweetest then aren't they?  Rae likes to tease us now on whether or not she's actually going to get up.  She pops up to see us, but then loves on her "Nigh Nigh", lies back down, and pretends like she is going to go back to sleep.  Awww...There will never be a day that I don't get excited to wake up to this in the morning. 

Oh, Bitsy, you bring so much joy into our lives!
I'm truly convinced that right now...this minute...is the best time of my life.

Happy 15 Months!
We love you!

3 comments:

Beth said...

LOVE all the vidoes....she is so cute and growing so fast!

HKM said...

So, so sweet Kami! Morning are still my favorite for waking my girls up. Savor these days - as I know you are. Claire starts kindergarten in 2 weeks and I can hardly believe it!

Anonymous said...

Laney is LOVING the videos of Raegan. She is sooo adorable! Laney just said, "Her mommy is funny."