Last Thursday, Chuck, Raegan, De De, and I headed to Wilmington, NC for one of my best friends' (Stephanie's) wedding.
Beyond a weekend full of fun with my girlfriends from college, the super cool town, the incredible food, the air conditioning not working in our first hotel room, the move to another hotel room after 2 days, the credit to our account post hotel room move, the strolls down the riverwalk, the rain, the hanging out in the hotel like it was Spring Break '95 in PCB (due to the rain), and last but not least--the INCREDIBLE wedding where Stephanie looked UH-AMAZING,
the trip also included a few firsts for little Miss Raegan:
First Plane Ride:
Ready to board
And....we're off!
I have to say, she did great. Zero meltdowns.
If you would have asked us (especially Chuck) how we thought the flights were going to go, we would have predicted that every passenger would request a full refund for such a disruption from our loud (but sweet) 5.5 month old. Shame on us for having such little faith. Raegan barely made a peep. We are so proud of her! (Although, the "blow out" on on our connecting flight to Charlotte coming back was a bit of a challenge...)
The lovely bride picking us up in Wilmington
(Which, by the way, has my new favorite airport. "Baggage Claim? That would be two steps to your left ma'am". Awesome...)
Another first for Rae-Seeing her first boat:
While I was attending a Bridal Luncheon, Chuck, Raegan, and De De went for some walks. Raegan apparently loves to "people watch". Finally! Something she gets from her mommy. :) We'll have to be careful and teach her soon that "it's not nice to stare". You must do it discreetly...
First Hotel Stay:
Learning to adapt to whatever environment she's in. Good girl!
And, last but not least-Cutting her first tooth:
That's right. Raegan cut her first tooth while we were on this trip. Now, there are no pictures of this ultra fun experience or the pearly white itself. In their place, a note from Raegan to De De:
"De De, I am so sorry that I kept everyone up all night every single night. I was trying to tell you all what was wrong, but no one would listen. It even took mommy several nights to figure it out. Thank goodness when she got in Friday night, she decided to feel of my swollen little gums. Ahhhh...that felt good....
Even though the Orajel didn't help me to really sleep, I was happy that everyone was home paying full attention to me. I hope you will consider coming back on future trips with us. I love when you take care of me. I promise to try to do better. I love you."
SUCH A FUN TRIP!
Here are some more shots:
Luncheon
I love this picture. It's indicative of the entire weekend. Casey, no doubt, telling some crazy story while Lauren and I wait to pose for the pic. Ahhh....the "Mayor of Fun"
Rain? We'll have oysters...
Our hotel had no air conditioning but it had a Ruth's Chris in the lobby.
How does that quite work out?
Post the Cupid Shuffle...
Congratulations, Steph and Dave! We had a great time.
I heart Wilmington...


.jpg)
.jpg)

2 comments:
Kami! Her holding that ticket with that HUGE bow on her head made me laugh out loud. LOVE the big bow. They don't do that as much up here. My kids will probably get made fun of. Oh and smocking...not as much smocking. But my kids will be keepin' it real, I don't care if they get made fun of:)
Kami- you look incredible.
Post a Comment